In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cuarteto de cuerdas masculino
- A string quartet was softly playing chamber music in the corner.
- It was notated tablature - style, one pentagram for each string of each instrument, as if the string quartet were a single instrument with sixteen strings.
- In the former, written in 1998, a string quartet (Procédé Rodesco-Letort) plays a duet with a drum machine.
- Get a string trio or a jazz trio instead of a string quartet or jazz quartet.
- We play Baroque repertoire in much the same way a string quartet treats Classical repertoire.
- In about 1919, Gershwin wrote his Lullaby for string quartet as an instrumentation exercise for his teacher Edward Kilyeni.
- The string quartet from the Chicago Symphony Orchestra was being paid some good money to play during the first part of the reception.
- Arriaga was second fiddle in a string quartet at nine years of age, and two years later wrote an octet.
- The Quartet is the graduate string quartet in residence at the Hartt School with the Miami String Quartet.
- Fugue is the great temptress of the string quartet.
- This recording from the International Arts Festival last year is a comic opera about a string quartet on tour.
- The string quartet and the choir were not Don Gurnett's idea.
- There are four musicians at Fortrose's concert - a string quartet of two violinists and two keyboard players.
- Although using a multi-choral arrangement, Vaughan Williams concentrates on three string groups and one soloist string quartet.
- I liked the music best when Brickman had accompaniment, such as the string quartet, the electric violin, or Dave Koz's alto sax.
- In the meantime, a string quartet from Hamburg gave a concert in Rome at the Goethe Institute.
- The second captures the string quartet, adding slight delay and flange effects.
- Even with Adriano's increase of strings over the original string quartet, this performance keeps much of that flavor.
- One of my favorite albums is The Juliet Letters which is a collaboration between Elvis Costello and the Brodsky Quartet, a classical string quartet.
- One thing I am particularly excited about is the chance to perform with my string quartet in the smaller auditorium.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.