In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(instrument) de cuerdaa twelve-stringed guitar — una guitarra de doce cuerdas
- The staging was simple with keyboards, two guitars, drums and a stringed quartet.
- A piano and stringed instruments were purchased and the family formed a string quartet.
- The Belembautuyan, made from a hollow gourd and strung with taut wire, is a stringed musical instrument native to Guam.
- There are two sure ways of making a fortune in art: buy an undervalued old master, or a Cremona stringed instrument.
- Some artists specialize in traditional music, accompanied by stringed instruments.
- See artisans at work making these beautiful stringed instruments.
- The dance is normally accompanied by a singer, drummer and one or two musicians on stringed instruments.
- At the back of the church were a robed choir and musicians making a quartet of stringed instruments.
- Alternatively, nylon stringed guitars offered superior playability and greater scope for advancement.
- Within half a year, he began to talk to others and had begun to master a Tibetan stringed musical instrument, said Kronenberg.
- A single musician played a sprightly tune on a curious stringed instrument with two necks.
- One of the band members strummed a stringed instrument, causing a massive roar to come from the fan girls in the front.
- The stars twinkle like so many stringed sitars.
- Traditional Emirian music has a strong drumbeat accompanied by various percussion and stringed instruments.
- What other stringed musical instrument was well-known to the people of Bible History?
- They can be heard here, and I can imagine many listeners being surprised to learn that they are hearing a stringed instrument.
- Few man-made commodities have risen in value on the scale of stringed instruments.
- Can women punch out hot licks and melodic riffs on a six stringed fretboard?
- The sounds of Indian hand drums - the tabla - float through the air along with a stringed sitar.
- In mariachi music, stringed instruments are combined with trumpets.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.