In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(performer)(male) striptisero masculino(female) striptisera femenino(female) encueratriz femenino México coloquial
- My mother was a stripper, renown for her firm yet svelte bosom.
- They soon meet a couple of male strippers whose ambiguous relationship mirrors their own.
- When I first moved away from home at age 18, I lived with a woman who was an exotic dancer, a stripper really.
- And where did this tradition of strippers at bachelor parties start in the first place?
- If there were female strippers, then the full monty is always welcome.
- He wasn't about to go to a dance looking like some male stripper.
- The third was a smallish plain Jane, who boasted of being a stripper.
- Since becoming a stripper, I have had to confront that reality several times.
- I had to play a stripper at a bachelor party.
- What kind of message is that sending to all our would-be male strippers?
- And, even though strippers would normally elevate my appreciation of a film, they don't in this instance.
- You were the stripper at my birthday party.
- As the old strippers in Sondheim's musical Gypsy tell us: ‘you've got to have a gimmick.’
- When hiring the stripper, please keep in mind that I prefer brunettes.
- It was then I realized what go-go dancers have become: strippers who don't take their clothes off.
- The primary characters are Clown, whose personality is far darker than his profession and his stripper girlfriend Cherry.
- He falls for a young stripper named Honey and eventually the two are married.
- The company receives 20 applications a day from potential strippers, lured by the prospect of easy money.
- "No one thinks they are going to become a stripper, " Mimi says.
- Did you notice they have a stripper pole here?
(machine)máquina para quitar el papel de las paredes
- Use a cable stripper to prevent cutting the plastic coating on the wires.
- Graham has started studying the brochures and websites for wallpaper strippers and flooring alternatives.
- To start with we stripped the old paint (a fetching shade of blue) using a metal paint stripper.
- You make a move or noise I'll shove this paint stripper up your nose.
- He used a buffing machine with a strip pad to work the stripper into the sealer.
- Commercial strippers have tanks and booths, exhaust fans, and use the strongest chemicals purchased by the barrel.
- Then I took a bunch of wire nuts and some wire strippers and spliced the severed wires.
- Then the long saphenous vein causing the problem will usually be removed by the insertion of an instrument called a stripper.
- Their giant combine-like seed strippers use a flailing brush to remove seeds from grass heads.
- Wire strippers feature adjustable stops so the insulation is cut but the wire is left exposed and undamaged.
- Three months ago my carpet cleaner went, then my wallpaper stripper and my drill set.
- Newer more environment- and people-friendly strippers are much safer to use but may take considerably longer to work.
- I use a paint stripper on my electric drill to strip the seeds off the heads onto a large piece of plastic.
- The small hire shop loans items such as cement mixers and paint strippers.
- About the first thing I did was hire a wallpaper stripper for a week.
(fluid)(to remove paint) líquido quitapinturas masculino(to remove enamel, varnish) líquido quitaesmaltes masculino
- Vandals wielding paint stripper have caused damage costing thousands of pounds to a York businessman's vehicles.
- There was also paint stripper that had been left behind.
- Individuals with pulmonary disorders or weakness should consult with a physician before using chemical strippers.
- If you're using a solvent base stripper, you'll also need some lacquer thinner - a quart will be plenty for the average piece.
- This four-step process begins with removal of lacquer and paint using a chemical stripper.
- In three separate attacks a total of seven cars have had paint stripper poured over them.
- Never use any paint stripper in a poorly ventilated area.
- It can only be removed using a paint stripper which degrades the polymer.
- Many people opt to apply a chemical stripper directly on to the woodwork.
- I thought I might be using paint stripper and it doesn't work so well if it is too cold.
- Activists covered cars in paint stripper and slashed tires.
- Keep all chemical strippers and materials out of the reach of children and animals.
- If inflation were any higher you might like to consider a glass of paint stripper instead.
- Farm machinery was sabotaged, cars were daubed with paint stripper and the home windows of staff were smashed.
- Electrical sparks from fans may increase the chance of flammable paint strippers fumes to catch fire.
- Do not use flammable paint strippers near any source of sparks, flame, or high heat.
- You will need paint stripper and a brush, a scraper and some sandpaper.
- Do not work near an open flame, pilot lights, or electrical sparks when using flammable paint strippers.
- After years of cocktail bars making stuff tasting like paint stripper and red cordial these guys know how to do it right.
- They should bottle it and sell it as paint stripper.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.