In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in golf)stroke play masculino
- How he must be looking forward to returning to the Tour, where he can do his own thing and stick to stroke play whenever possible.
- The thing to know about the honor is its application in stroke play vs. match play.
- Why were you so successful in that format when you often had trouble closing the deal in stroke play?
- And while the next group will appreciate your housekeeping, it'll cost you two strokes in stroke play or loss of the hole in match play.
- Last Saturday and Sunday the Northern Rivers Classic was hosted by Ballina Golf Club over 36 holes of stroke play which attracted full fields.
- In stroke play, that's a two-stroke penalty; in match play, the penalty is loss of hole.
- The next morning it was off to Nichigo Resort and Golf Club for a Day 1 stroke play competition.
- In an attempt to cope with slow play, ‘continuous putting’ is introduced in stroke play.
- The competition covered the three permutations of the 27-hole layout in two days of Stableford and a middle day of stroke play.
- It's been said stroke play is a truer test of golf while match play is a truer test of character.
- I finished second at 72-hole stroke play in '55, when I was a semi-grownup.
- By waiving them, you waive the right to keep score in stroke play and to win the hole in match play.
- You're playing stroke play on a great golf course.
- This costs her the hole in match play or a two-stroke penalty in stroke play.
- These events include standard stroke play, match play, skins, and skills competitions.
- His ease of movement, effortless stroke play and audacious shot selection make him a considerable force.
- Up to four players can play online together in a variety of match play and stroke play conditions.
- In stroke play there is no penalty if golfers play out of order.
- In stroke play, you take a two-stroke penalty and play it as it lies.
- Because match play is so different than stroke play, you want experience on your side.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.