In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(composition, organization)estructura femeninohe has good bone structure — tiene buenas facciones — pómulos salientes etc
- the company's career structure — la estructura del escalafón de la compañía
- tax structure — sistema impositivo
- It is known that any complex system has a certain structure with its intrinsic elements and interconnections.
- It is deeply rooted in the social relations and political structures of American capitalism.
- Anthony has brought a bit of structure and organisation and a bit of discipline to training.
- Hydrogen bonding also plays an important role in determining the three-dimensional structures adopted by proteins and nucleic acids.
- These are integral elements of a competitive structure.
- First, I am not aware that his party is proposing to change any element of the tax structure.
- Why should the nature of technology available to a society determine its economic structure?
- The action of hormones and drugs is also dependent on the molecular three-dimensional structure of the target molecules.
- Egypt's military commander altered the command structure in the Sinai.
- Hence, there is a need to examine how this development informs today's complex narrative structures.
- Take advantage of long shadows and experiment with patterns of frost and rime on plants with structure.
- The band challenged traditional song structures with odd arrangements and angular sounds.
- The structure usually consists of an author reading selected pieces of his or her work.
- Hierarchical power structures resulted in obstetricians defining the norms of clinical practice and hence which choices were possible.
- In 1994 we collected larvae for genetic analysis to determine genetic structure among mature trees.
- We consider that the Council is wrong in its interpretation of the structure plan requirement for the following reasons.
- At first sight it looked appalling, but I could see it had sound structure, fantastic quality of light and great potential.
- Out of these four basic elements the repayment structure of debt stands as the most important.
- The company's original structure appeared attractive because it provided access to some of the country's best medical researchers.
- These are the kind of plants that give structure to a border and which will improve over the years.
- This year we completely changed our management structure.
- I did write a structure plan for my essay, but that was it.
- That arrangement completed the administrative structure of the Coast Guard as it exists today.
- Since time and matter are limited, the resources to solve a problem or to build a complex structure are also limited.
2(thing constructed)construcción femenino
- He enjoyed a reputation for building tall elegant masonry structures such as church towers and spires.
- He said the balance of the money that was unspent was earmarked for building new hospital structures.
- All the structures and buildings can be placed only on a specially terraformed layer.
- The three-dimensional crystal structure of the channel is now known with high resolution.
- There are many other structures associated with cells in addition to the cell membrane.
- At the center of the town square his eye caught a magnificent structure, a church with massive stained glass windows.
- We have concentrated our research on structures composed of arrays of nanoparticles and films of silver and gold.
- The initial protein configuration was again taken from the x-ray crystal structure.
- Coatings also help to ensure that major structures like bridges, buildings and industrial plants are built to last.
- There were buildings up against the outer wall: small wooden structures with tile roofs.
- Not all historic structures are given listed building protection.
- These essentially tubular structures are constructed from an epithelial cell monolayer.
- The chief targets have been any structures associated with the Prophet Muhammad.
- I was awed by the amount of labor that went into building such a magnificent structure.
- A structure built into the tower was in front of me, as Kenshin opened the glass doors for me.
- Storing them on high buildings rather than scaffold structures to reduce visibility is also advised.
- We also observed double helical structures formed by two fibers.
- Building this huge concrete structure required the construction team to undergo a similar change of mind.
- Would an architect assemble a structure without a good foundation?
- Two courtyards sunk into the building's roof structure allow light to penetrate deep into the building.
- Nucleosomal arrays are further folded and compacted to form higher order chromatin structures.
1(novel/speech/argument) estructuraryou have to learn to structure your time — tienes que aprender a organizarte el tiempo
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.