In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(registro de los antecedentes y el pedigrí de un caballo de carrera) studbook masculino
- We will be keeping in contact with the body that runs the stud book for the conservation breeding programme.
- Aid is available for stud book development, bloodtyping / DNA testing and the genetic indexing project.
- Bob, or to give him his stud book name of Dartdale Bobbie, is no ordinary pony.
- Legislation would be required to restrict entry to the stud book and this will not be forthcoming.
- ‘Broad Brush has been an excellent stallion who has left an indelible mark on the stud book,’ said Gainesway President Antony Beck.
- For a fee, it records the offspring of all AKC-registered parents in its stud book and provides them with official certificates of pedigree.
- The first poodle was registered in the American Kennel Club stud book in 1887.
- The first Racing Calendar was introduced in 1773 and stud books and jockeys' colours followed.
- The keeper of the Russian stud book was on holidays so it wasn't until this week that action could be taken.
- These animals were determined from the stud book records.
- He is from one of the most active families in the stud book.
- In fact, the first American Pom was entered into the American Kennel Club's stud book in 1888.
- By 1872 breeders were able to produce litters sufficiently to type to enable them to be registered in the German Kennel Club stud book.
- The list of famous names in Tufnall's stud book is truly scandalous.
- Actually, list members have been using both modern technology and the original APHA stud books to make their case.
- The ICC is responsible for keeping the greyhound stud book and records of greyhounds bred in Ireland each year.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.