In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(at university) estudiante femenino(at school) alumno masculino EEUU(at school) alumna femenino EEUU(protest/newspaper) (before noun) estudiantilour university students — nuestros (estudiantes) universitarios
- a medical student — un estudiante de medicina
- students of Sartre — los estudiosos de Sartre
- an English student, a student of English — un estudiante de inglés
- (by nationality) an English/Italian student — un estudiante inglés/italiano
- the student body — (at school) el alumnado
- in my student days — cuando yo estudiaba
- student driver — aprendiz de conductor
- student grant — beca de estudios
- student nurse — estudiante de enfermería
- student teacher — estudiante de profesorado/magisterio
- None of the sedentary students participated in organized exercise activities during the preceding year.
- As a former high school student I can tell you that, yes, this is entirely realistic.
- All second- and third-year clinical PhD students now participate in the clinic and its research lab.
- Last year the average undergraduate student loan debt reached $18,900.
- Almost 80 % of the participants were traditional college students between the ages of 18 and 24.
- The Board agreed that the Applicant should not be permitted to continue as a graduate student of the University.
- What's more, she was the only student to graduate from high school in Taloyoak at all.
- Fellowship is presented to a journalism educator committed to helping prepare minority students for successful careers in journalism.
- In the United States, urban public schools are attended primarily by students from various racial minority groups.
- Yet only half of all students who enter high school enroll in a post-secondary institution.
- The participants were middle-school and high-school students enrolled in health classes at 10 urban schools.
- Ruby Jane completed elementary school an average student and began high school with a whole new crowd.
- I had my best day in June when we awarded a scholarship in my brother's memory to a student at his high school.
- Defense Department schools offer valuable lessons, particularly in educating low-income, minority students.
- There are also post-graduate fee-paying students studying in courses such as the MBA.
- One third of both male and female high school students reported being currently sexually active.
- Most of those at the cyber cafe were students studying at local universities.
- He was a typical popular student in the seventh grade who could be trusted.
- What this legislation will do is mean that student union fees will be voluntary.
- There are also concerns about the applicability of the recommendations made to help first-generation students be successful.
- What do today's college students really need to know and be able to do when they graduate?
- They have strong academic skills and are consistently among the best students on campus.
- The participants were 101 students from classes in general psychology at the George Washington University.
- Voters and policymakers should hold school districts and their employees accountable for student learning.
- During her training, she took one class on teaching students with disabilities.
- There, he will serve as a clinician specializing in infectious disease and teach post-graduate medical students.
- If this post helps even one potential grad student, it will be worth it.
- Virtually all of the high school students are played by men obviously in their thirties or forties.
- Approximately 20 % of Smith's students are students of color.
- With interest rates so low, I immediately consolidated my student loan debt.
- Twenty-four male and 29 female first-year psychology students participated to earn credit for their course.
- I remember a conversation with a South Asian student in Sanskrit class in 1990.
- It was on that night that I lost my faith in today's generation of high school students.
- I teach high-school students who are highly motivated to know this.
- We have about 585,000 foreign students on our campuses which looks like a lot.
- Over beer and spring rolls I find out that Julia is a first-year graduate student in clinical psychology.
- Approximately 70 % of charter schools reporting enrolled fewer students with disabilities than the state average.
- We also have another 73,800 people who are covered by student visas and permits.
- The case has been studied by MBA students around the world since.
- The students were all third year professional pharmacy students enrolled in a full-time program.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.