In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1sala de estudio y dormitorio femenino
- Like many people of his age, Harry's small study-bedroom, which measures about 10 ft by 8ft, is a jumble of possessions.
- The City of York Council planning officers have accepted a separate proposal to build a Hindu temple and 74 en-suite, single study-bedrooms for Gurkha soldiers based at Imphal Barracks.
- Boarders each have their own en suite study-bedrooms and there is a kitchenette on both floors, laundry, common room and chapel.
- The first-floor window in the centre of the picture was my study-bedroom.
- Andrew glanced at the clock on the wall of his small university study-bedroom.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.