In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(of car, suit)diseño masculino
- Some represent the outrageous imaginings of top designers while others hint at technology and styling set to filter through to road cars within the next five years.
- Yet school furniture design has, until now, responded to this change with little more than updates in styling.
- It combined space, versatility and comfort with the sleek styling and safe, stable driving experience of Europe's favourite car.
- The automakers' design teams will work from the same styling studio in London.
- Jones, however, was more impressed with the way the car drove than the styling.
- The luxurious Platinum Lounge has an interesting concept, based on styling from the best hotel reception lounges around the world.
- Avoid skirts with flared trumpet styling or ruffles at the lower edge that only accentuate body width.
- Toyota hopes the quirky styling will appeal to all those young nonconformists out there.
- We also think the Sedona's exterior styling is well done with an edgy but flowing design that actually made this large vehicle attractive.
- Maxima's distinctive interior design is mirrored by its handsome exterior styling.
- With its unique styling it is definitely very personal.
- The retro, aircraft styling of the exterior is in stark contrast to the modern interior.
- Project homes are not built to last but to be replaced, so they will begin to show their age, both in their out-of-date styling and their decaying structure.
- Finally, keep in mind that a good pair of dress slacks are usually made from wool and offer classic styling.
- His 12.5-inch Combat Axe melds Medieval styling with modern-day design cues, bringing the art of chopping up to a new level.
- It drives well, with the only down side from my point of view being the boxy and heavily Teutonic styling.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.