In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1espuma de poliestireno femenino
- Popsicle sticks are still in vogue, as are styrofoam, garden hose tubing, particle board, wire and glitter glue.
- The piece of styrofoam washing up to shore contrasts starkly with the shellfish pushing through the sand a centimetre beneath the surface.
- It's really not recommended to use styrofoam in the microwave.
- However, plastic and styrofoam must be separated from the rest of the garbage.
- It is a padding the color of cardboard and the consistency of styrofoam.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.