In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(equipment/club) de submarinismosubaqua diving — natación subacuática femenino
- On the lake people can try their hand at sailing, windsurfing, rowing and canoeing, as well as sub-aqua diving in a special tank.
- He said also that it was some days before the sub-aqua team were able to come to Lecanvey as they had been working elsewhere.
- This was confirmed when we surveyed more than 80 UK sub-aqua clubs.
- Discover for yourself if Atlantis fact or fantastic legend at this luxurious, once-in-a-lifetime sub-aqua night of adventure.
- Local sub-aqua club members joined the naval diving team that was successful during the recent Fethard-onsea search.
- An aircraft engineer, and keen sub-aqua diver, Jamie Benton from Humberside, was with his family when he saw what was happening and offered to help.
- It is, I imagine, like sub-aqua diving or being in intensive care or running the last mile of a marathon uphill.
- The first-time diver's mettle was tested by the sub-aqua gear.
- The facility is used by all the local schools and by all ages for competitive coaching, swim classes, fun swims, lifesaving lessons, water fitness sessions and sub-aqua training.
- I say this after reading a Northern newspaper cutting in which it is reported that one local sub-aqua club is offering the general public a repair service for - waterbeds.
- Garda air support and sub-aqua units were called in to assist with the search.
- The retired army sub-aqua diver is aiming to get more than £100 sponsorship before the national Butlins Swimathon on Sunday.
- As we pulled them out we put them into plastic bags so the council could dump them’ said Paddy Kehoe, a member of the Carlow sub-aqua club.
- Divers from the Kilkenny sub-aqua team located the body off Fethard-On-Sea shortly after 2pm yesterday.
- A far less daunting but equally enjoyable dive is provided by the remains of an army scout car sunk in 6m of water, close to a jetty where a British Army sub-aqua club is based.
- Deep, sub-aqua hums are peppered with blips and distant scrapes.
- Dr Crowe, who is active in the Institute's sub-aqua society, also had scuba-diving equipment on display.
- As it stands, the Gwladmena is a regular site for the local Shetland sub-aqua clubs and only the occasional visiting diver.
- On Saturday morning the Kildare and Laois branches of the Civil Defence, along with the army Air Corps helicopter and members of the Santry and Athlone sub-aqua teams were dispatched to the scene to begin the search.
- The Garda sub-aqua team searched 36 miles of the River Barrow.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.