In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Neutron stars are the most dense objects of normal matter in the universe, supported against gravitational collapse by subatomic forces.
- The second possibility is more complex and involves the quantum rules which govern the subatomic level of the universe.
- At the subatomic level, matter/energy - let's just say stuff - starts to look like both waves and particles, depending on how you look at it.
- This is probably not a serious problem for banana salesmen, but could impact subatomic physicists, for example.
- They move from the actual size of a leaf into a microscopic world that reveals leaf cell walls, the cell nucleus, chromatin, DNA and finally, into the subatomic universe of electrons and protons.
- The law of the conservation of baryon number states that the total number of baryons must be the same before and after any subatomic event.
- The delineation of atomic substructure and mechanisms of subatomic processes evolved into the modern study of particle physics.
- Related to this effort, the supercomputer will be used for calculations in quantum chromodynamics - the physics theory that describes the interactions of subatomic quarks and gluons.
- This year's Nobel Prize in Physics honors three theorists whose insight resolved what had appeared to be an intractable subatomic paradox.
- But at the subatomic level, quantum mechanics has proven to be an indispensable tool in predicting often strange processes.
- This superb insight into the heart of science includes a look at the world of the subatomic physicist, that most rational and reductionist of breeds.
- However, it became a scientific issue with the advent of the theory of relativity and again with the discovery of phenomena at the subatomic level.
- The uncertainty principle, derived from quantum mechanics, implies that at the subatomic level virtual particles, also called quantum fluctuations, pop in and out of existence.
- What impresses me is that if you look at the subatomic level, or the quantum level, what you find is that the information processing power of nature goes up exponentially.
- Laser wakefield technology offers the possibility of a compact, high-energy accelerator for probing the subatomic world, for studying new materials and new technologies, and for medical applications.
- At the other end of the scale of size, at the atomic and subatomic level, another great mystery resides.
- Angular momentum is also important for scientists trying to understand subatomic physics.
- The process of duplicating information held in subatomic systems constitutes the most effective way currently conceivable of decoding some of the latest cryptographic technologies.
- Imbued with their own unique cellular subatomic electromagnetism, plants, are capable of carrying a positive and negative charge.
- That is the natural order of things today: that is the atomic, and subatomic and galactic structure of things today.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.