In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(thoughts/motive/desire) subconscientethe subconscious mind — el subconsciente
- The tasks deep in the subconscious murk elude observation.
- The subconscious mind retains its values, and thus one cannot be made to do something that you simply would not do.
- It's part of their program, which has influenced them on a subconscious level.
- Even conventional psychology talks about the fact we have a conscious mind and a subconscious mind.
- However, most of what I do magically tends to involve internal subconscious manipulation, sleight of mind.
- Anyone think there's a deeper, subconscious fear buried in there somewhere?
- I was going to ask if you were aware of a subconscious desire to send those vibes.
- It is the media-programmed subconscious mind that poisons people into apathetic paralysis.
- Even in a sensory deprivation chamber, we'll turn in on ourselves for input, taking it from our own subconscious stores of data.
- I am reading a powerful book at present on how the conscious and subconscious mind works and it is really awesome stuff.
- Whether this collision was really an accident or due to a subconscious death wish is open to question.
- It says nothing, and in our submission, can say nothing about subconscious influence.
- To understand the history of ideas, we need to look not at syllogisms but at who wields power or at the subconscious mind.
- Perhaps the fact that the stories barely registered in my mind is a subconscious indication of my thoughts on the book.
- This client seems to have a pattern of sabotaging the partnership and admits to subconscious fear of having his or her heart broken.
- When we are children, we run freely, because we have no great subconscious burdens to carry.
- There was a niggling in the back of her mind, perhaps her subconscious prodding at her, trying to get her attention.
- Recurrent dreams are normally significant as they are usually a message your subconscious mind is desperately trying to get to you.
- I began to realise how much it was influencing me on a subconscious level.
- The person that was Lee Crane had ceased to exist on all but the deepest subconscious level.
1the subconscious — el subconsciente
- Dreams are doorways to the subconscious, pathways to the spirit realm and keys to the future.
- School days always remain a nostalgia that refuses to leave one's subconscious like an aged ink stain on the shirt.
- He slept a dreamless sleep until voices began to intrude on his subconscious.
- Hypnosis is used to get past the conscious clutter and communicate directly with the subconscious.
- There's a definite sense that the landscape dominates the subconscious of the artists here.
- All the facts are in there in your brain and then your subconscious is actually working on it whilst you are doing something else.
- It works its way around my subconscious like the red-bellied black snake my cat dragged up onto the deck last night.
- You don't need to be Freud to guess what's preoccupying their subconscious.
- I consider magic to be an expression of the unconscious, perhaps sometimes the subconscious.
- Simply enjoy the inscrutable logic of the subconscious, or delight in the discovery of what the vision is trying to tell you.
- I believe nightmares are a gift of our subconscious to our conscious minds.
- My psychology theme is on the role of the subconscious in the development of psychosis.
- It's not often however that the effect of music on one's subconscious gets discussed.
- The things that really matter take place in the subconscious.
- Titania is a creature of the subconscious, the world of fantasy.
- He'd learnt in psychology that parental behaviour had a strong impact on the subconscious.
- The most common problems are very simple, and largely psychological if you like, in the subconscious.
- Any magical suggestions on how to banish this alter ego from my subconscious would be more than appreciated!
- He feels it triggers the access to his subconscious - the world of dreams that provides most of his material.
- You are now in and have direct contact with the subconscious, specifically the area where your memories are filed.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.