In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- They wanted to pressure me into kicking Walt and his crew off the job and hiring a union subcontractor instead.
- The official was attempting to speak to six subcontractors working on the project.
- Grinaker Namibia is the main contractor and most of the subcontractors are local companies, according to Wessels.
- Building monopolies by subcontractors from the outside must be eliminated one way or the other.
- Some subcontractors continued working when rumours of Lark's financial difficulties were circulating.
- Although it was subcontractors who carried out the roadworks it is the utility company as the licence holder who is liable.
- According to Lloyd, this relationship began when he was a subcontractor offered a general contract for the first time.
- I wouldn't have kicked Walt off the job, but I would have had to think seriously about hiring a union subcontractor the next time.
- Most of the production is subcontracted to 11 main contractors and dozens of subcontractors in Indonesia.
- They maintain that the dumping at Coolnamadra was carried out by a subcontractor who was sacked when the dump was discovered.
- Additionally, some of the Cotton Park goods are outsourced to three local subcontractors.
- Around 1,300 builders and subcontractors should be employed if the project goes ahead.
- The use of subcontractors is a common business practice among forestry and logging companies.
- These services are contracted with us directly or through qualified subcontractors.
- Make sure the subcontractors you hire show proof of liability and workers' compensation insurance.
- Rising labour and building costs and the rise of subcontractors' fees were blamed for the collapse of the company.
- The report also claims that Able UK, which was formerly the subcontractor for the holding company, has bought up PRP.
- The company employs 35 people on the Ballysimon Road in Limerick and several hundred more subcontractors.
- The defendant builders employed a subcontractor to carry out plastering work in a block of flats.
- Three or four references from vendors or subcontractors go a long way.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.