In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- This New Age subjectivism and relativism encourage people to believe that reality is whatever you want it to be.
- The breakthrough toward subjectivism is indeed compelling but rationalism was not finished yet for all that.
- For example, moral subjectivism is that species of moral relativism that relativizes moral value to the individual subject.
- It seems that this absolutization leads to subjectivism.
- Such preaching collides with the spirit of our times, captured as it is by subjectivism and relativism.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.