In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1subordinación femeninosubordination to sth/sb — subordinación a algo/algn
- As an educationist, her surmise is that literacy had failed to free women from their predicament of subordination.
- Women in Venezuela have been conditioned for centuries to blame themselves and accept their subordination to men.
- The character of such a party was also designed to maintain the subordination of the working class to the old bureaucracies.
- Indeed he acted all his life on one principle which he thought the essence of a soldier's code: the subordination of self to team work.
- The power to wage war inherent in the authority of a government provides the necessary subordination of citizen to state.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.