In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1argumento secundario masculino
- The fault perhaps resides primarily in the excess of plots and subplots, themes of first and secondary importance.
- This episode is similar to the Portuguese subplot in The Spanish Tragedy.
- Like a technothriller it has many characters, and takes a good deal of time to set up all of its various plots and subplots.
- His storylines have a clear sweep and are less concerned with the byways and subplots that characterise 19th century novels.
- The subplot of Indian and Chinese interracial relationship was in the mix from the very outset.
- I stayed on the sidelines, amused at the sheer number of plots and subplots which one match could throw up.
- There are more plots and subplots than you could shake a stick at, few of which make any sense at all.
- Thackeray evidently thought that this was too good a subplot to be used only once in English fiction.
- Throughout the narrative dance, subplots are created by various characters.
- Sometimes they have an overarching storyline as a subplot, but they don't rely on it solely.
- What are we to make of the riotous subplots which tend to crowd out the ‘main’ line of action?
- Aristotle would not approve of all the subplots that occur within this play.
- Come up with backstory and subplots, something to give the events of the poem more depth and thus more weight with the viewer.
- Location of the subplots relative to each other was variable within each plot, but the subplots did not overlap.
- Too many scenes let the characters shine without moving the plot forward, and a romantic subplot near the end goes nowhere.
- Are all loose ends, storylines and subplots seamlessly tied up in the conclusion?
- He allows the audience to get comfortable in his subplots and controlling plot; we are on the inside of many of the jokes, all of them, in fact, except for one.
- However, the film might have benefited from a subplot exploring the back-stories of some of the other refugees.
- In the case of taking a novel to the screen this results in scenes and subplots that may be nice enough on their own but add nothing to the film as a whole.
- It's as if this started out as a significant aspect of the main storyline, then was shoehorned into a minor subplot.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.