In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(loans/market) (dirigido a clientes de bajos recursos o con un historial de crédito deficiente y que se caracteriza por incorporar tipos de interés elevados) sub prime
- Banks excelled at such practices during the 1980 s Latin American debt crisis, a forerunner of the current subprime crisis.
- With structured finance, virtually any type of loan - commercial, consumer, mortgage, prime or subprime - can be monetized.
- He worked in information technology at the bank, which lost money on subprime mortgages.
- In November, five major banks reported losses from the subprime market.
- Investors who bought securities backed by subprime loans apparently did not understand the risks either.
- He campaigned around the country to put Social Security funds in subprime mortgages.
- We also have included immediate relief for homeowners who are at the risk of losing their homes because of the subprime crisis.
- Under the bill's underwriting standards, subprime loans will be barred from carrying prepayment penalties.
- Congressional liberals fought for risky subprime loans.
- Let's not forget that this subprime crisis was created by America's lending industry.
- The last time I looked at the numbers, they had lost just as much money in the subprime crisis as their American counterparts.
- Many credit rating agencies have continued to give favourable credit ratings to subprime products.
- Right now subprime defaults are at 20 %.
- In Congress two recent bills seek to set national subprime lending standards.
- And while some subprime borrowers were duped by complicated loan terms, financial literacy is even worse in developing countries.
- She also wants a 90-day freeze on subprime foreclosures and a five-year freeze on subprime interest rates.
- The FBI currently has 26 pending corporate fraud investigations involving subprime lenders.
- These are the same neighborhoods where bank data shows a high level of subprime lending practices in recent years.
- Nearly half of these mortgages were subprime, National Community Reinvestment Coalition found.
- In 2005, 69 percent of the homes purchased in the tract were bought with subprime mortgages.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.