In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- A unit test would directly call the subroutine I want to test, and it would rely as little as possible on other subroutines in the program.
- Database triggers fired off subroutines sending demands through electronic commerce, known as EDI, instructing each customer to pay back their loans in full.
- Component scripts normally inherit a set of subroutines from a generic component.
- In order to do so, however, we must have the ability to perform remote procedure calls, such that a web application on one computer can invoke a subroutine or object method on another computer.
- A number of modules or subroutines are normally specified in the program, and the ways these can interact is also specified.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.