In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1subarrendador masculinosubarrendadora femenino
- The landlord's actions did nothing to prevent the tenant from continuing to search for other subtenants for the premises.
- Some of these subtenants were men described as knights and their tenancies as knights' fees.
- But some of the subtenants also accumulated substantial property and formed part of the governing élite.
- The Judge chose the latter date because it seems that he took the view that after this date Mr Kausar no longer believed that the tenant or the subtenant had broken the window or made the threats.
- Glenview's counsel is prepared, for the purposes of this motion for judgment, to accept a calculation based on the assumption that the subtenants will exercise all available options under the lease.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.