In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(area) suburbano(shopping mall) de las afueras(attitude/housewife/life) aburguesadosuburban line — tren suburbano masculino
- I can improve the way people move around with suburban trains and a central ring road.
- Should we use the existing railway tracks and bring in a suburban rail system as they have in Chennai or Mumbai?
- For instance, we live in a modest sidesplit suburban house, which has a total of 10 steps.
- All right, they're slow for the suburban commute, but that's what the trains are for.
- Almost all roads can be considered as either urban or suburban in character.
- Were they fabricated in a suburban yard, shipped in up the Miss, brought in by train?
- Busways seem to be the mode of choice to improve suburban transit service.
- The pair played a brother and sister marooned in the wastes of suburban ordinariness.
- Thousands of people were forced to get off their trains at suburban stations.
- These girls' parents aren't exactly your average suburban mummies and daddies.
- They are doing this as a hobby to give shape to their empty suburban lives, not out of love for others.
- To some, this is a sign that the city's sprawling suburban growth is slowing.
- Incentives to entice the few specialists available to practice in suburban areas have failed.
- Not only does it have great metro, bus and suburban train services, it also has plenty more.
- They live in inner suburban Melbourne and her biological clock is ticking but he doesn't want to hear it.
- Castlepark's residents are equally enamoured with their little pocket of suburban bliss.
- Aunt Casey lived in a townhouse in a residential, almost suburban, area of Vancouver.
- The site lies in a dense suburban residential district to the north of the city centre.
- Hugh used to say that Howard was a boring little suburban lawyer with a closed and not very capacious mind.
- In addition, they suggest their music is less influenced by Liverpool itself than their suburban hometown.
- In Mixed Feelings Paul plays Vernon, a middle-class man stuck in a suburban rut.
- Services on city, suburban and commuter routes will terminate earlier than normal.
- There is some indication that these jobs are being filled by students and suburban commuters.
- Though commuting to the suburban campus is still no picnic, things have improved.
- In a crowded place like a suburban strip mall parking lot, you are bound to see at least one white van.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.