In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The seafood primi are tasty, and the walnut cake is positively succulent.
- A succulent dish, it was served with a delicate sauce comprising olive oil, garlic and citrus juice.
- He removes a circle from the middle, replaces it with crisp endive, then uses it as a lid over succulent slices of rabbit, stuffed with mushroom duxelles and its own kidney.
- The wait for ribs and sliced pork yielded heaping plates of succulent meat dripping in sauce and accompanied by chunky homemade potato salad and hot, crispy fried okra.
- The pork was deliciously succulent and tender with a great flavour being imparted from the meat's fat.
- It was really good, a perfect mix of flavors to accompany the succulent meat.
- Lili's salad, by contrast, was delicious: the slivers of chicken tender and tasty, and perfectly complemented by the succulent slices of mango.
- There were sizzling sausages, succulent bacon and delicious free-range eggs, but they were placed on English muffins and drizzled with a light béchamel sauce.
- The crispy and succulent beans fried with tasty prawn paste and sweet grated coconut may be one of the few vegetarian dishes in the restaurant.
- The food in Jerez in southern Spain is unforgettable: succulent seafood and delicious ham from black-trottered, acorn-eating pigs.
- Once you've slurped up the delicious, scalding hot soup, then feel free to gobble up the succulent pork and dumpling shell.
- The succulent pork was moist and full of smoke flavor.
- Three-flavour chicken with rice and vegetables is a good choice, as is the sweet, succulent pork BBQ, also served with a healthy portion of fresh veggies.
- Tuesday's braised pork belly, a tender hunk of succulent meat layered with fat, served over salty French lentils.
- The rest of the day passed in an exciting rush of succulent foods, rushing lights and hot baths from an always-hot bathtub.
- Armed with a basket each, we soon found delicious, succulent fruit among the straw.
- With a ready-cooked lobster you might end up with a dry, rubbery texture rather than deliciously succulent meat.
- The steak was well cooked and suitably dressed in succulent mushrooms with a cheeky pepper sauce to make matters interesting.
- The tuna was succulent and fresh and the garnishes were cut after I'd ordered it rather than having sat before my arrival.
- Lewanna imagined thin, crispy crust smothered in sweet yet savory tomato sauce, warm cheese, pepperoni, and succulent mushrooms.
2Botánica(leaves/stems) carnososucculent plant — suculenta femenino
- For example, thick, waxy, succulent leaves indicate arid environments in which the plant must conserve water.
- The plant is succulent with leaves in tight rosettes more or less four centimetres or more across in diameter.
- Sporting thin, jagged leaves upon a succulent, fleshy stem, the herb is easily uprooted and replanted due to its shallow root system.
- This incredible trailing groundcover has vivid fleshy leaves and succulent stems that enable it to store water and thrive in even the harshest climates.
- Because of the scarcity of water and succulent vegetation in the desert, rural gardeners often find everything from skunks to javelina to coyotes nibbling at their crops.
- In sunnier, drier areas (often in their own micro-climates just a few miles away on the leeward side of the island) they plant succulents and even cacti.
- Although a difference in water content between the different-aged leaves was not always observed in well-watered plants of two species of succulents, it was more commonly observed in plants under drought-stress.
- Analysis of growth-form composition also reveals a high percentage of succulents and a low abundance of geophytes and annuals.
- If you don't live where ferns thrive, you can adapt the idea, using other low growers such as sedums, succulents, rockery plants, or well-mannered ground covers.
- The well-known garden designer and author will also conduct clinics to offer visitors the information and care advice they need to help with all kinds of plants, but particularly succulents as mentioned in his latest book.
- Colourful and vibrant, the exhibition will have on display indoor and outdoor plants, water plants, exotic and aromatic plants, medicinal herbs, fruit and ornamental plants, cacti, and succulents.
- The collection consists of South African succulents as well as plants from Namibia, Madagascar, Zimbabwe, Ethiopia, Saudi Arabia, the Canary Islands, Europe, Asia and the Americas.
- Keep in mind that succulents, like all plants, grow.
- Perfect plants for this project include tiny sedums, succulents, and thymes like the ones shown in these two bowls as well as baby's tears, blue star creeper, dichondra, and Irish and scotch mosses.
- Dotted everywhere are containers planted with succulents which don't need watering.
- As a rule of thumb, it's hard to go wrong with classics like the parlour palm, dracaenas, rubber plants, aspidistra (I've always fancied a variegated one), cacti, succulents and the umbrella plant.
- He mixes succulents with plants that have foliage of an entirely different nature, such as asparagus fern, coleus, or curly parsley.
- To the left of the house as you face it the wall is quite high and full of planting pockets for rock garden plants and succulents.
- Prickly pear cacti and large agave succulents, introduced from Mexico, grow everywhere in the north of the island.
- Still in the realms of exotica an Italian exhibitor, Rome Plants, had a delicious display of indoor and outdoor flowering pot plants including bougainvillea, succulents and exotic fruit trees such as fig, kiwi and peach.
- I bought two new plants today, both succulents from the Echeveria family.
- Ornamental grasses make great companions to potted annuals, perennials, herbs, succulents, and broad-leafed plants.
- Indeed, Mediterranean plants and succulents like agaves work splendidly in coastal and desert plantings.
- Small specimens of cactus and succulents are ideal for these tabletop gardens, and many plants can coexist happily in the same container.
- Shrubs like dodonaea and yellow bird of paradise, trees such as mesquite and palo verde, succulents and cactus, of course, and even wildflowers - all are thriving in an increasing number of desert gardens.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.