In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1sufrimiento masculinodolor masculinoto put an end to sb's suffering — poner fin al sufrimiento de algn
- Contributing to climate changes that cause suffering in other countries is not what we should be doing to our fellow humans.
- We can examine our own experience this way and discover how, through creating and believing in a self that is permanent, we cause suffering.
- We don't have to look far to see that there is a lot of suffering going on in the world.
- Within our own society, personal suffering may seem dwarfed by global anxieties.
- Encourage them to share their thoughts and feelings; listen to their concerns without being judgmental; acknowledge the pain and suffering.
- It makes it very hard to explain to people how there can be a loving God in the face of all the suffering.
- At this point in the therapy, I introduced medication for John, explaining that it would help relieve his suffering.
- There are so many types of suffering and injustice in the world that any single person can only be active in protesting about and opposing a fraction of them.
- The humor doesn't soften the real suffering that the children experience.
- Sometimes, when we're lucky, art whispers to us that in the midst of the worst suffering and darkness, we can break free of our shackles.
- How many parents cannot muster the determination to discipline their children because they cannot bear inflicting the suffering it will require?
- Hughes's central concern was to display the suffering of the convicts and the viciousness of their gaolers.
- The Cover Story highlights the untold sufferings of Indian soldiers in the First War of Independence.
- We naturally want the suffering of others to cease, whether it is one person or 150,000 people.
- I am a hedonist - and working out in a gym offers more suffering than pleasure for me, so it only makes sense to avoid it.
- The authors do not even address the fact that it might be desirable to prevent (often severe) physical suffering.
- This agreement was intended to prevent unnecessary suffering caused to troops by the use of exploding bullets.
- He was born into a royal family, and his privileged life insulated him from the sufferings of life; sufferings such as sickness, age, and death.
- Man is a free agent, and has the liberty of choosing; his sufferings and changes cannot be foreseen.
- Certainly no one would disagree that violent criminals should be prohibited from inflicting any sort of suffering.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.