In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Those offences considered least serious are summary offences, triable only in the magistrates' courts.
- The court deals with summary offences and some minor indictable offences such as shop lifting, property damage and even assault causing bodily harm.
- Continued concern about the availability of child pornography led to the creation in 1988 of an additional summary offence of possession of an indecent photograph.
- Thus, if the jury acquit the accused of the more serious indictable offence, they may still convict of the summary offence.
- The subsection then goes on to make the contravention of its provisions a summary offence.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.