In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The play is gripping, its cast superb and the setting a wonder of both simplicity and complication.
- I once gardened on a city terrace where my next door neighbour was a superb gardener by the name of Miss Jean Harvey.
- Both the writing and the performances are superb.
- The towns of Stellenbosch, Franschhoek and Paarl are full of romance, intriguing architecture and superb restaurants.
- The acting is superb, the script a delight, and the direction far better than I would have given Burton credit for.
- The music takes the energy of punk into magnificently artful places, and the lyrics are often superb.
- Simply a fantastic and enthralling end to a superb album.
- Tamara is tall and beautiful and a superb horsewoman, so I felt kind of warm all over.
- Doyle also makes superb use of cryptic symbolism.
- For those in the know, this was a superb opportunity to see Adam Duritz and his Counting Crows ensemble up close and personal at a private gig, in London.
- He is a superb ballet dancer, yet here attempts to combine his enchanting talent with modern Cuban movement.
- He is a truly superb sketch artist, deftly drawing faces for names in the minimum number of lines possible.
- Walter Schreifels has once again made a superb album with a superb band.
- Superb, just superb use of the server hardware image section.
- Despite this minor flaw, the audio presentation is superb and the packaging beautifully done.
- He was a superb teacher and a delightful human being.
- But that's a minor complaint when the overall result is so full of delightful contrasts and superb songwriting.
- The Life of Billy Graham is a superb exploration into one of the nation's most recognizable names.
- It's not a work you find programmed or recorded a lot, although it has attracted many superb pianists.
- These interviews are superb, loaded with fascinating trivia and insights that are truly unique.
- The book is a superb introduction to a topic that's bound to attract increasing attention in the years to come.
- The cast, without exception, is superb, with Moore the pick of the bunch as the dutiful housewife.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.