In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1supercomputadora femeninosuperordenador masculino España
- Most supercomputers are built from commodity processors that are designed for a broad market and are manufactured in large numbers.
- When completed, the machine will be one of the fastest, most powerful Linux-based supercomputers in the world…
- Grid computing seeks to create virtual supercomputers by expanding the clustering concept across multiple locations and domains.
- Using software to tie together those desktops into a single ‘grid,’ it assembled, in effect, a supercomputer to run its analytical software.
- IBM has regained dominance on a list of the 500 fastest supercomputers and has also landed two unusual prototypes in the top 10.
- In the past, supercomputers required the software to be handcrafted for the specific architecture of the supercomputer.
- Therefore, the cost associated with maintenance is low compared to expensive maintenance contracts researchers used to need for classic supercomputers.
- Together, Linux clusters and object-based storage clusters deliver commodity-like supercomputers able to keep pace with increasingly voracious applications.
- His current interests are in high performance computer systems design, software engineering tools for programming parallel and distributed supercomputers and stained glass windows.
- This configuration can achieve supercomputer processing rates at a fragment of the supercomputer's price tag.
- However, this number is still theoretical, and because there is often a substantial gap between theory and practice, supercomputers must complete a series of calculations known as the Linpack benchmark to qualify for a chart ranking.
- By bringing hundreds of people like you together in one room, we will have enough computing power to become one of the fastest supercomputers on the planet.
- As such, scientists from around the country can access the supercomputer for research through a competitive proposal process.
- Thus, it is no surprise that it was the sober scientists who started replacing expensive supercomputers with inexpensive networks of GNU / Linux systems.
- The idea of a virtual supercomputer, powered by the spare processor cycles and bandwidth of thousands of PCs, is anything but new.
- The interesting thing about a supercomputer with a lot of processors in it is that it is, in some ways, no different to a cluster of computers, communicating through a network, and working together on a single application.
- A custom supercomputer uses processors that have been specialized for scientific computing.
- With so-called grid computing, even personal computers can serve as a virtual supercomputer if enough of them are linked together.
- It costs less to make a cluster computer out of a group of personal computers or workstations than to buy a supercomputer to perform enormous mathematical tasks.
- The new charges relate to Unix's ability to turn a cluster of PCs into a supercomputer powerful enough to use to develop nuclear missiles.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.