In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It was rather strange that their real-life was weirder then the comic-scape of fictional superheroes.
- I could name you a dozen superheroes whose powers I'd like to have.
- In it, players control a superhero character and are able to perform a variety of stylistic fight moves.
- Anytime anyone goes off about how worthless old-time superheroes are, I just remember this film.
- Many superheroes of bygone eras possess powers that exist in some way in the natural world or derive from real inventions.
- The sort of hope intrinsic to superheroes: that no matter how desperate the situation, there's always a way out.
- Not a superhero in sight; these comics were more concerned with smaller worlds, autobiographical in style.
- Comics are more than just spaceships and superheroes, so a strong grasp of character and composition is important.
- You're more likely to get buzz on your movie if it's a superhero comic adaptation, rather than an original action movie.
- What I liked about the character was that he didn't come off as a superhero.
- Batman, as you may know,'s the best out of all the superheroes because he isn't actually super at all - he's a human hero.
- There were posters hanging all around, some of cartoon characters and some of superheroes.
- He points to the pervasiveness of Disney and cartoon superheroes in the country, along with the absence of an established local tradition of children's literature.
- Spider-Man was also the first superhero who, as a civilian, probably read comic books.
- At best, superheroes are adolescent morality plays.
- It's about a team of telepathic superheroes who can read each other's thoughts - that's right, without moving their lips.
- What, superheroes have silly powers and can do impossible things?
- Setting aside the obvious answer to the ‘who would win in a fight’ question for just a moment, let's take a good long look at each of these superheroes.
- Why do you think superheroes attract such devoted readers?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.