In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(for commodities)precio de apoyo masculinoprecio (de) sostén masculino
- In the countryside, the rural exodus gathered pace when reforms to the CAP in 1984 and 1992 cut support prices and closed down the least profitable and most indebted farms.
- The Union government has raised the minimum support price for the 1999-2000 wheat crop to Rs 580 per quintal from Rs 550 earlier, according to an agriculture ministry statement.
- Tipton notes that some dairy groups and the federal government have advocated a very high support price for nonfat dry milk over the past couple of years, which has had a primary role in the growth of MPC imports.
- For now, the support price program provides an effective floor of about $1.10 for cheddar blocks.
- The bill stressed supporting farm income with the cash payments unrelated to what farmers grew, rather than having government support prices by purchasing surplus crops.
- These support cuts amounted to a 7% reduction in butter support prices and a 5% reduction in the support price for skim milk powder.
- Indeed, for wheat the support price is now lower than the wholesale price; the support price thus acts as a floor.
- The support price for nonfat dry milk remains the same at 60.6 cents.
- Government's intervention is needed to save them by fixing a support price for vanilla as done in the case of coconut and rubber.
- It means that we do not have to increase product or support prices.
- Second, the state established institutions to set support prices.
- It benefits directly from the exaggerated support prices the government shells out for this ‘health food.’
- The ASCUs are then reimbursed by the Treasury for any loss related to the difference between the support price and the sales price.
- A rethink on minimum support prices was also on the cards.
- The government procures rice and wheat at minimum support prices, which are often higher than international prices.
- The administration has no plans to impose a milk tax or cut support prices in any year.
- The principle on which it rests is that of encouraging production by providing support prices for agricultural production of various sorts.
- The accumulation of stocks results from the government's commitment to unrealistically high minimum support prices of food grains - of wheat and rice in particular.
- Additionally, the reforms do not lower European support prices for grain, known under CAP as intervention prices.
- The entry prices also serve as support prices for the major crops.
2(of stock prices)nivel de existencia masculino
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.