In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1she has very supportive parents — sus padres la apoyan mucho
- she's been very supportive — me (or le etc.) ha dado todo su apoyo
- his family/team was very supportive — su familia/equipo lo apoyó mucho / le dio todo su apoyo
- However, personal partners and close family remain supportive.
- Maybe being emotionally supportive to others over the last few days has left me drained.
- There was a great team spirit and mutually supportive atmosphere.
- While generally supportive of my writing projects, Bob thought that this one should go in the garbage.
- Associate with people who are mutually supportive and spend less time with friends or relatives who do not support you.
- Join the group and get to know others in a warm and supportive atmosphere.
- When the day of amputation is growing close, supportive psychotherapy should be started.
- My children have been very supportive and I babysit my grandchildren nearly every day.
- People tend to be supportive and understanding, but it is not like somebody has died.
- Everybody was being helpful and supportive to each other at a very difficult time.
- I'd like to thank my family for being really supportive and everybody that made my record with me.
- She has a loving family, with parents in a committed and mutually supportive relationship.
- People are supportive and encouraging and helpful, so I feel extraordinarily fortunate.
- My family, who had been so supportive of me, has now turned their backs on me.
- The Macmillan nurse who spoke to me later was very supportive and sympathetic.
- He and his family were extremely supportive of the relationship.
- Only in supportive relationships can we deal with our personal demons and life disappointments.
- The heartfelt words point to a man who was supportive and caring, but always full of laughter and fun.
- How can you be supportive, nurturing and loving if you are competing with your own children?
- The guides maintain a safe and supportive atmosphere with plenty of time for relaxing.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.