In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(of feelings)represión femeninoinhibición femenino
- Conscious suppression of a memory is a more plausible explanation for the failure to recall an event than repression.
- A major component of codependence is emotional repression and suppression.
- Cycles of recognition, repression or suppression and recovery of truth can be extrapolated both from the course of individual analytic treatments and social struggles.
1.2femenino supresiónfemenino ocultaciónfemenino prohibición
- The exclusion of political views from public debate logically extends into the openly violent suppression of public actions based upon those views.
- In the 14 months since he threw that fatal punch, court suppression orders have prevented publication of his name or details.
- Not many were interested in political activities anyway given the trauma of past suppression.
- Despite its wide range, the species is increasingly under threat after centuries of persecution and habitat loss to human activity and fire suppression.
- Add to that high rates of illiteracy, the hypocrisy of the governmental media, the weakness of civil society and state suppression of the opposition parties.
- He persisted in arguing that the forcible suppression of the students might prove to be a mistake of such magnitude as to destroy the legitimacy of the regime.
- Moreover they know that if they become too flagrant in their suppression of opposition and commit atrocities, the United Nations stands ready to intervene to overthrow them.
- This point leads to an exceptionally compelling aspect of the narrative, the rise and suppression of the opposition media.
- The army has retained power over the past four decades through the brutal suppression of opposition, including from ethnic minorities.
- Boucher said the government's continued intimidation and repression of the opposition and its violent suppression of peaceful public protests were not conducive to beginning a dialogue.
- I am 100% certain that, if this bill is passed as is, it will be used in this country for the surveillance and suppression of political activists.
- Some books have been unjustly censored, he argued, and many writers and booksellers were punished too severely when all that was required was the simple suppression of publication.
- As an indicator of forcible suppression it often appears in charts associated with assassinations (but not necessarily for the actual moment of such deeds).
- It is undeniable that the forcible suppression of religious and religious identity concerns by the communists gave a boost to these feelings.
- Secondly, a transparent code of conduct against publication bias or selective suppression of information should be developed.
- However, although the government seems to have nodded to pageants, the long-term suppression of the activity has still kept most of the ongoing beauty contests in China relatively discreet.
- Whether this is due to forest management activities or canopy suppression is unknown.
- These concern the suppression of all terrorist activity on their territory, the transparency of banking and trade arrangements, and the disavowal of weapons of mass destruction.
- Nevertheless, a significant portion of the public supported the forcible suppression of campus protests.
- It is not possible to build a democratic state based on an ideology of religious exclusivism and through the forcible suppression of the democratic rights of another people.
1.3(of revolt)represión femenino
2Electricidad Televisión Automóviles Radioeliminación femeninosupresión femenino
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.