In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tensión superficial femenino
- As long as the pressure exerted by an object is low enough, surface tension can support it.
- It is proposed that a similar arrangement of protein domains could concentrate the compressive stress arising from surface tension.
- I have long been looking for outstanding problems in the biological sciences in which surface tension is important.
- In fact, we would need a revolution in fluid dynamics to make surface tension fit in at all.
- To get this weak force to effectively push a liquid surface, the team produced a liquid interface with low surface tension.
- It has higher surface tension, which allows it to bead up more which, alone, would allow the formation of a larger drop.
- The film pressure counteracts the surface tension of the air-water interface.
- The simulations were conducted at constant surface tension and zero normal pressure.
- Drift retardants reduce drift by increasing the viscosity or surface tension of a spray solution.
- In equilibrium, the surface tension of a vesicle is zero, but surface tension is induced in the bilayer as it flows through the pore.
- The volume of liquid metal is chosen so that liquid metal droplets remain coalesced or separated because of surface tension in the liquid.
- The lung parenchyma is a connective tissue network that is distorted by surface tension.
- Structures can be designed to focus surface tension or hydrophobic attraction as compressive stress.
- He's unaware of any other physical mechanism for minimizing a surface besides surface tension.
- Hydrogen bonds are also responsible for water's high surface tension and specific and latent heats.
- Thanks to surface tension, a drop of molten metal holds itself together.
- This wetting is a result of very low viscosity and surface tension high enough to be drawn into the cracks and pore structure of concrete by capillary action.
- Water so treated will show a change of temperature, surface tension, viscosity and electrical conductivity.
- For surface tension gradients to be maintained, there must be a strong resistance to surfactant flow at low surface tension.
- Normally the bubbles are coated to avoid clustering and to prevent surface tension from dissolving the bubbles by pushing the gas out of them.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.