In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cirujano masculinocirujana femenino
- I could have dreamt of becoming the best surgeon in the world.
- The American Society of Plastic Surgeons is the largest organization of board-certified plastic surgeons in the world.
- Ruth was referred to a vascular surgeon to assess her splenic artery aneurysm.
- General thoracic surgeons do both of these procedures and may be clustered in specific hospitals.
- One quick snip of the surgeon's knife and the pain will be gone.
- The patient is seen in the surgeon's office the morning after surgery.
- The paediatric cardiac surgeons now have data that are robust and rigorous.
- The qualified veterinary surgeon was previously director of consumer protection at the Food Safety Authority.
- Patients with jaundice are still most often referred to surgeons, though in practice few require surgery.
- For the first three years, he was the sole orthopaedic surgeon at the hospital.
- In the emotional version the father is a surgeon operating on a severely injured accident victim.
- I was once telephoned by a heart transplant surgeon about whom I had written.
- Many surgeons working in private practice and in cosmetic clinics would not meet these criteria.
- The trauma surgeon performs a focused abdominal sonogram.
- We have to help them become brain surgeons.
- The surgeon inserts the delivery device directly into the artery.
- Unfortunately, the treatment involves the surgeon's knife.
- Early group portraits show noble surgeons parading their medical knowledge with elitist pomp.
- A heart surgeon performed a different form of surgery when he faced a class of schoolchildren.
- She suffered a broken left thigh and was operated on by surgeons at the hospital.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.