In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- At a certain point it is confronted with the fact that it is a claim on surplus value and this surplus value has to be actually extracted from the working class.
- Out of the growing mass of surplus value, capitalist governments were able to finance social welfare spending and other concessions to the working class.
- Capitalism works through wages and surplus value.
- Surplus labour creates surplus value, and on Marx's analysis, surplus value is the source of all profit.
- Typically they argued that capitalists obtain surplus value by purchasing labour for less than the value of its products.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.