In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The whole episode, he says, had been so surreal he was expecting the strangest of conclusions.
- His universe was a bizarre and surreal place but his writing also hinted at serious themes.
- These are combined with compositions straight out of film noir at its most surreal.
- Decision met with a surreal mix of silence and a notable lack of complaints from anyone in a red and white shirt.
- The crazy collage of styles is here but, overall, the feel is less zany and surreal.
- It combined multiple monitors in a striking, somewhat surreal sculptural assembly.
- How we manage to exist like this, with these great surreal contrasts, is a mystery to me.
- The events still seem to have an insanely surreal and improbable edge to them.
- We can honestly say it's the most surreal piece of artwork we've ever seen - but we love it!
- I heard somewhere that Salvador Dali used that technique in order to dream up his surreal images.
- She's also an up-and-coming fiction writer with a penchant for the dark and surreal.
- She also has a splendid surreal streak, which she doesn't get to use enough.
- This possibility was so surreal to me that I contemplated doing it just for the experience.
- Dining out in Japan is a lot more diverse and surreal than it used to be.
- It was surreal and very funny - all I needed was a white cat to stroke menacingly and I was set.
- It's surreal, to see somebody who looks like fiction, standing there in the room.
- That weird, surreal, juxtaposed image will be one that stays with me forever.
- The disbelief compounded a bizarre, almost surreal fortnight for the south coast club.
- It was strangely haunting and surreal and somehow gave the impression of being French.
- Paul is manic and edgy on stage, with the occasional flash of surreal genius.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.