In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in childbearing)madre suplente femeninomadre de alquiler femenino
- The baby was born through a surrogate mother and is eight weeks old.
- Most are born through traditional surrogacy - the surrogate mother conceives using her own egg after being artificially inseminated with the sperm of the intended father.
- Genetic material was transferred from the adult cell to the egg, which grew into an embryo and was implanted in a surrogate mother.
- Sadly, that pregnancy failed, but the surrogate mother became pregnant a second time and cameras follow the event.
- I once offered to be a surrogate mother for my sister
- This means the surrogate mother can be regarded as having received donated gametes to conceive.
- The identity of the surrogate mother, the woman who had carried the baby to term for the couple, was not disclosed in deference to her wish.
- Many cannot afford to pay their surrogate mother's expenses, let alone the cost of in vitro fertilisation or artificial insemination procedures in a clinic.
- The fertilised ovum was then implanted in the womb of the surrogate mother.
- And, from the point of view of the commissioning mother, it is not known how the involvement of the surrogate mother will affect her security in her mothering role.
- The child born through surrogacy should have the right to know the identity of the surrogate mother.
- A surrogate mother in Phoenix, Arizona has given birth to quintuplets by caesarean section.
- The scientists said they had shown it was possible to produce a full-term pregnancy in which the surrogate mother was also the nuclear donor.
- The surrogate mother must therefore register the baby to whom she has given birth in the normal way.
- If cancer has left you unable to become pregnant, a surrogate mother may be able to carry the baby.
- Five more embryos were implanted into a single surrogate mother.
- The reconstituted embryos are extremely fragile, and transferring them to the uterus of the surrogate mother who is to carry them to term is a matter of great difficulty.
- His next production will be the twins he and his partner are expecting this fall, via a surrogate mother.
- He's left idly speculating that his resemblance to his adoptive father isn't evidence that he was the product of his adoptive father with a surrogate mother.
- The cell is then treated in an activation medium that allows it to develop into an embryo to be implanted in a surrogate mother's womb.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.