In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(sample) muestra femenino(number of samples) muestrario masculino
- I also managed to find some small and cheap swatches of a couple of the 1930s fabrics which will do very nicely for clothing for upcoming dolls.
- Always test for stiffness or discoloration by dabbing sealant on a fabric swatch or a seamline before applying it to your project.
- Although her offices in Chelmsford, MA, are cluttered with piles of fabric swatches, she tries to encourage better use of new technology at companies around the world.
- From a middle distance, they could be of anything - the inside of an oyster, a swatch of fabric.
- Use cotton swabs or cloth swatches draped over foam makeup wedges to get into corners.
- I sent him tie samples, fabric swatches, photos, the whole nine yards.
- I was both a cool and deep dude, but predominantly cool - and a swatch book of 33 of these qualifying hues was ‘my colour.’
- If you have been analysed in your clothes, then bring your colour swatches with you, ensuring the correct choice of outfits.
- A smile touched his lips as he recalled how bored and frustrated he was with her drapery samples, carpet swatches, and catalogs of furniture and linens.
- She likes to play peekaboo behind the different cabinet doors, and she's really into fabric swatches and tassels.
- I come with my swatch books and some drawing paper.
- Complete with details of colours, fabrics, fashion silhouettes and other trends that will be seen in the coming season, the book analyses the trends through colour swatches, material swatches and coloured sketches.
- Other services you can buy in are interior designers, who will help you ‘design ‘a decor using colour swatches and mood charts.’
- She measures them up and they look through a style portfolio and swatch book.
- We come to the house with all our materials, colour and fabric swatches and can usually go through each room within the one session.
- As a further incentive, include a swatch of material (in gold, red, or tweed, for example) from which to base individual outfits.
- Place the same variety of fabric swatches in each batch of dye ad let them soak for several hours.
- Included are samplers, embroidered pictures, portraits, sewing implements and patterns, quilts, clothing, linens, fabric swatches, photographs, and other documents.
- Carry everything from fabric swatches to paint chips in this sturdy box with handy pocket folders.
- The Designer and the Buyer then source swatches of fabrics, trims and visual images, pooling together in order to come up with finished garments.
- I was filling my new spare time with some overdue house renovation: Rooms were stripped bare and littered with paint chips and fabric swatches, furniture stacked on end in my living room.
- Bring color samples, fabric swatches, photos, and room measurements to the shop or showroom.
- The ladies went to work selecting their favorite, trying them on, picking the right color to match fabric swatches.
- Throughout the preceding weeks, McDonald and Moore have given us color boards of fabric swatches, surface materials, and paint chips to help us reach final decisions on furniture and paint colors.
- Most retailers can get you a sample swatch or will allow you to check out the book for an evening.
- This area includes an archive of more than 4,500 swatches of cotton fabrics, which designers can browse when creating new lines.
- She'd been going over fabric swatches with his mother and he'd walked in after playing a game of tennis.
- The book can also be used in conjunction with McCloud's website, Choosingpaint.com, where you can match any colour swatch in the book to an available paint brand.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.