In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The suspension is all full of electro-trickery as well, with even adjustable sway bars front and rear.
- New front and rear strut assemblies and a rear sway bar were added to improve cornering and virtually eliminate body roll.
- Thanks to its semi-trailing arm, fully independent suspension, and some spring, damper and sway bar fettling by HSV chassis guru Mark Thomas, the Maloo can be hurled into corners at ludicrous speeds.
- This helps increase roll stiffness without the ride penalties associated with a stiffer sway bar or springs.
- What had happened was a connector that secures the steering mechanism to the sway bar had come loose and eventually detached.
- A suspension link on each sway bar is replaced with a hydraulic actuator.
- We'll tune dampers, we'll tune shocks and even sway bar mounts if necessary.
- The front sway bar controls weight shifting from left to right as the car rolls through the comers.
- A lot of times that means softer springs, different sway bars, things like that.
- John Andretti subbed this time and finished 25th, despite being black-flagged because the No.8 was not up to track speed after losing a sway bar bolt.
- He has added four different springs and two different sway bars to help adjust to the new aero package and nose.
- The race teams searching for the best combination of shocks, springs and sway bars.
- Most drivers know that stabilizer / sway bars distribute load forces from one side of the vehicle to the other, keeping the body level in on-road driving.
- The strut assemblies fore and aft are new; there's a rear sway bar added to handle cornering loads.
- The suspension system also includes shocks and/or struts, and sway bars.
- He knows what kind of springs the car needs, what kind of shocks and sway bars to use and how the body should be hung on the truck.
- As for chassis setups, it's the sway bars and springs that give the driver the ability to roll left to right.
- A sway bar chain broke at Michigan when we were running in the top 10.
- To recap today's lesson, we have fully locking differentials, skid plates, steel rails, disconnecting sway bars, ground clearance, oversize stiff tires, and the power to move it all.
- Joe Aguiar testified that he assisted his brother in up-grading the 1987 Ford Mustang and confirmed that this car was never equipped with either sway bars or a nitrous oxide fuel system.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.