In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- All sweet peppers start out green, but they ripen into colors such as red, orange, yellow, purple, and chocolate brown.
- Other interesting starters included cured salmon with sushi rice, soy, coriander and radish salad; and the glazed goat's cheese terrine with celeriac, mozzarella, sweet peppers and aubergine salsa.
- Apart from fresh onion, other prime fresh vegetables that are exported are okra, peas, bittergourd, green chilli, muskmelon, bottlegourd, sweet pepper, brinjal and arbi.
- Otherwise known as bell peppers, capsicum and pimento, sweet peppers are natural partners to Provençal vegetables such as courgettes, aubergine and tomatoes.
- Sautee some finely chopped onion, escallion, sweet pepper and diced tomato in about a tablespoon or two of vegetable oil.
- This Hungarian version is one of the more interesting chicken stews in the world, with the typically Magyar ingredients of onion, sweet peppers and paprika.
- When the chicken was cooked, I strained off the juice and added a concassé of sweet peppers, tomato and pineapple slices (nicely cubed).
- We offer samples of everything from cucumbers to sweet peppers to melons.
- I opted for pork escalope rolls filled with apples, sweet peppers, sultanas and wild rice in a Calvados cream sauce, at £12.00.
- It was packed with sweet peppers, and melting onions, only just held by a light egg custard.
- To make it easier, pile on the lettuce, tomato, onion, sweet peppers, or other veggies and use the meat as a flavorful condiment.
- Vitamin C, the most plentiful water-soluble antioxidant, is present in all citrus fruits and such vegetables as broccoli, sweet peppers, and potatoes.
- Mild sweet peppers are the ones we are all used to seeing in supermarkets, with their yellow, orange, red, green and purple skins.
- Place oil in pan, add onions, and sweet peppers.
- Even the chargrilled vegetables - which included courgettes, aubergines and sweet peppers - were excellent.
- The elder Okinawans eat a lot of carrots, cabbage, onions, sweet potatoes, sweet peppers and bean sprouts - more vegetables than fruits.
- A typical dinner for people on the special diet was tofu bake with eggplant, onions and sweet peppers, pearled barley and vegetables.
- Sauté garlic, onion, celery and sweet pepper in margarine until tender, but not brown.
- Three to four hot pepper plants and eight to ten sweet pepper plants are generally the guidelines for a family of four.
- In particular, the price of green onions more than tripled, to NT $300 per kilogram, while tomatoes and sweet peppers retailed for double their usual price.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.