1(animal/movement/runner) veloz(runner/animal/movement) rápidoa swift-flowing river — un río de corriente rápida
- swift-footed — veloz
- During the 1st century ad a special courier service with swift horses was set up to bring fresh lychees from Canton north to the imperial court.
- Perhaps it was because they knew how to borrow the swift legs of a horse that their own could afford to be slow.
- It was a messenger, mounted on a slim and swift chestnut horse.
- And with that soft promise playing through my mind I relaxed in Michael's arms and wished our journey back to camp swift speed.
- The beast is replaced with a thin, swift reptile that is capable taking sharp corners and hiding inside buildings.
- As one would expect, this is a very swift car, well capable of getting to 60 mph in less than six seconds and with a top speed beyond 150 mph.
- From the foggy midnight mist came quiet, swift horses, wielding conscienceless armored statues.
- White and pale camels are much preferred by the men as mounts, especially those which are swift moving, sleek and pleasant to the eye.
- Kathleen turned around to see that in the distance three men on horseback were riding towards her at a frighteningly swift speed.
- Thanks to a swift horse powered by a mysterious elixir, he intercepts Domenico, wounding him mortally.
- Much of the opera is swift moving dialogue, but a distinctive feature is Martinu's insertion of slower moving sections.
- Putting on a swift burst of speed, he dived low and skimmed the waters of a lake.
- They are swift and speedy, but their style can leave holes to be exploited in the defence.
- The scouts, on their light, swift horses, were racing ahead, but they wouldn't maintain the gap for long.
2(reply/reaction/denial) rápidohe was swift to reply / in replying — no tardó en contestar
- he was swift to anger — era propenso a arrebatos de ira
- The participants hoped their recommendations would help prompt the state and central governments to take swift action on infrastructure development.
- Hopefully being known as ‘Fast’ Eddie DeSoto will enable a swift rise up the greasy Mafia pole. reasons to be cheerful
- Her eyes quickly made a swift sweep of the people in the room.
- With one swift nod and a quick hand shake, Cannington exited the office The army general was not too sure what to make of this.
- But following a swift Labour recovery, little has been heard of the pebbledash people.
- Supporters believe emergency drivers should be exempt from speed limits when lives depend on a swift response.
- Crane quickly reached into my coat and in one swift movement stuffed the papers into his pants chuckling at my disgusted look.
- His swift action meant speedy help for Janet, who has made a full recovery, and also a bravery nomination for Sam, from Heywood.
- Seen from the side a battle is a struggle and a rivalry between the sides that use artillery fire, swift maneuvers and lightning strikes.
- He floored budding chess players with his swift one-liners like the lightening fast moves he makes on the board.
- Will quickly drew his pistol in a swift wrist motion and shot the man, just like he had seen during duels in many western movies.
- If Myles is reading this, hope the op went well and wish a swift recovery, looking forward to getting you back on the golf course
- It has turbo technology that commands a swift take-off and has tuned suspensions that were designed for quick and agile moves.
- At the end of the proceedings, Udom demonstrated his strength for the crowd by walking up to a can and giving it a good swift kick sending it flying off into the air.
- As one of her own television reports might conclude, the attack is bound to prompt Israeli hardliners to demand swift retaliation.
- You take swift decisions and make quick changes when situations are tense and demanding.
- With his domestic problems and this illness, we all pray for a swift recovery.
- Almost as quickly, people began calling for swift action by Baltimore's criminal justice system.
- Like Fuller and Guderian, de Gaulle advocated a fully professional army, with an armoured corps capable of swift manoeuvres.
- Imagine my utter surprise when he got off his horse in one swift motion and bowed down in front of me!
3(short, quick)(phone call/visit/look) rápido