In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1piscina femeninoalberca femenino Méxicopileta femenino Río de la Plata
- Hordes of people struggling to keep cool headed straight for paddling pools and swimming pools across the region.
- He wore a wig to hide his secret, refusing to dive into swimming pools or go out on windy days.
- The ranch has indoor and outdoor swimming pools, jacuzzi, saunas and offers tennis and mountain biking too.
- The baths offer visitors a variety of indoor and outdoor swimming pools, including hot thermal pools.
- The houses share communal indoor and outdoor swimming pools, tennis courts, a gym and health spa.
- Information will also be distributed to leisure centres, swimming pools and shopping centres.
- Of course, all we found were empty fields, empty locker rooms, empty swimming pools and empty gyms.
- He spent his summers in the swimming pool and the winters playing American football.
- I learned how to scuba dive in a swimming pool with my sister when we were children, but never went diving in the sea.
- There may perhaps be more swimming pools here than in Japan, but how many are of Olympic specifications?
- There are five swimming pools, six tennis courts, watersports and golf facilities.
- So is it normal practice to have to retile an indoor swimming pool after only eight years?
- There are several ways to reduce the water requirements for swimming pools, including using a pool cover.
- Now private investment is on the future menu for running our swimming pools and leisure centres.
- Resources should be set aside for a new teaching pool on the side of the present swimming pool.
- Construction of swimming pools has not slowed since and shows no sign of ending.
- The spokesman said that the pool proved to be unsuitable for use as a swimming pool.
- The house had an indoor swimming pool which was long and narrow and had easy access from the inside of the house.
- There may not be that many swimming pools in Baghdad, but there's the Tigris river.
- Water gushed out of four swimming pools at a Glasgow leisure centre and dozens of people were evacuated after a pipe burst yesterday.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.