In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1traje de baño masculinobañador masculino Españavestido de baño masculino Colombiamalla (de baño) femenino Río de la Plata
- What stood out here were the beautifully cut swimsuits and the form-fitting tops and skirts.
- Throw in a couple of swimsuits, caps and goggles, and you're talking another $100 or so per year.
- Without hesitation, the savvy shopper races through the revolving door and picks up sundresses, swimsuits and sandals.
- I didn't even pick out a swimsuit because I planned on getting out of swimming somehow.
- Dresses, jumpers, pajamas, and swimsuits are popular baby clothes most parents would like to have.
- She has a degree in Apparel Design and has designed sportswear and swimsuits for a major manufacturer.
- This should match with your top, your t-shirt and your swimsuit to create different looks.
- Typically, only exposed skin is affected - skin not covered by swimsuits, wet suits or waders.
- She was wearing a swimsuit that consisted of a tunic and a normal bikini bottom, both in hunter green.
- In racing, these swimsuits might help a swimmer swim anywhere from a few hundredths to a few seconds faster.
- After each person had changed to their swimsuits, them met at the station's Olympic size swimming pool.
- The boys insisted on wearing cut-off jeans instead of competitive swimsuits.
- There was a time when she wore shorts, tanktops and swimsuits.
- Passing by with my daughter, we decided to buy two brassieres and a swimsuit.
- We can finally say goodbye to our woolens and hello to swimsuits and shorts!
- Now swap all skates, helmets and padding for flippers, snorkels and swimsuits.
- In another drawer there was a swimsuit and a leotard and special shorts to go with it.
- Clothing stores experienced a rapid increase in business as people flocked in to buy new shorts, sunglasses, and swimsuits.
- Both women looked dry and comfortable in their custom-made skintight two-piece swimsuits.
- Curiously, all of the women finalists in this event chose to wear classic swimsuits.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.