In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1bateador ambidiestro masculinobateadora ambidiestra femenino
- For the past few years, the respect he received in the clubhouse elevated the switch-hitter to a unique level of respect that fell somewhere between player and coach.
- A chart in the July issue of Baseball Digest listed switch-hitters with the most extra-base hits in a season.
- Reluctantly at first, the Orioles let it happen and watched Murray blossom into one of the greatest switch-hitters in baseball history.
- Kata, 25, a switch-hitter, stepped in when Arizona regular second baseman Junior Spivey was injured. He proved a real find.
- Well, I think they see in him what I see in him, which is a switch-hitter who plays good defense at all three outfield spots, has incredible plate discipline and some good power.
- The upsurge in such talented players was readily apparent last season when there were no less than 94 switch-hitters who came to bat in the majors, 47 in the American and 47 in the National League.
- The switch-hitter had 100 hits from each side of the plate in 1979, when he led the National League with 211 hits.
- The Rangers had four switch-hitters in their major league camp - two on the 40-man roster, Carl Everett and Mark Teixeira, and two non-roster invitees.
- The only switch-hitter who swatted more home runs than Murray was Mickey Mantle.
- But very little about the switch-hitter's rookie season in 1999 suggested the kind of offensive potential he showed last year.
- The updated list of switch-hitters who collected 30 or more homers in a season is still topped by Mickey Mantle who belted 54 round-trippers in 1961.
- The honor helped solidify Jones' high ranking among current major league switch-hitters.
- In the answer to a letter-writer in the November issue with regard to switch-hitters winning a league batting title, you omitted Pete Reiser.
- He's a switch-hitter who can handle the demands of being in the middle of a lineup.
- In an earlier issue of Baseball Digest, it was stated that Bernie Williams of the Yankees is one of seven switch-hitters to win a batting title in the majors.
- The switch-hitter led the National League in stolen bases in 1960 and 1961.
- September 28: Cardinals shortstop Garry Templeton becomes the first major league switch-hitter to collect 100 or more hits from both sides of the plate.
- I mean, look at how many switch-hitters there have always been in baseball.
- Ken Caminiti tied Mantle's record for most RBI as a switch-hitter when he drove in 130 runs for the Padres in 1996.
- Facing four switch-hitters in a row, it wouldn't have mattered much, as he worked through the tenth allowing only a Sierra single.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.