In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1navaja automática femeninonavaja de resorte femenino México
- The Twins then put their switchblades back in their pockets and helped Melissa back on her feet.
- Supposedly, the child has multiple weapons (including guns, knives, switchblades, etc) hidden in her room, and various drugs.
- He drew his switchblade from his pocket and pressed the blade release button.
- The man drew out a switchblade the size of a penknife.
- Sticking his hand in his pocket to finger his switchblade, Roger sped up a bit, but the footsteps followed him in perfect synchronization.
- Checking to make sure all the windows were closed and the doors locked, I pocketed my old switchblade and headed out the door.
- You've got your 13-year-olds with switchblades coming out of every pocket.
- He took out the switchblade and replaced it with a survival knife from the supply box, knowing it would be more useful.
- I pulled my switchblade from my pocket and held it up.
- Her black eyes were unfocused, her other hand absent-mindedly fondling the pocketed switchblade.
- He grabbed the switchblade from his back pocket as Carl got closer and closer.
- Dan reached into a pocket and pulled out a switchblade.
- They may not carry switchblades, but they have other weapons just as powerful in their arsenal.
- I reached into my left jacket pocket and pulled out a switchblade knife.
- Suddenly Jorge pulled out a switchblade from his pocket.
- The sneering henchmen that talked to her earlier walked forward and handed him a switchblade from his pocket.
- She picks up the switchblade and puts it into her pockets.
- She wished she could reach the switchblade in her skirt's back pocket and cut herself loose.
- One display case was reserved for switchblades.
- They both carried switchblades and were involved in gambling and prostitution.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.