In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1simetría femeninoaxis of symmetry — eje de simetría masculino
- plane of symmetry — plano de simetría
- Moreover, the segments characterized have a common helical symmetry.
- The y-axis was defined by the axis of symmetry.
- One was designed to form a cage-like structure with tetrahedral symmetry, consisting of 12 subunits.
- This clearly depends on the high degree of symmetry of the hexagons of Figure 5.
- A bipolar nebula is one that is created by ejecting material primarily in a flat disk perpendicular to a single axis of symmetry.
- When an egg is spun on its side, its axis of symmetry - a line stretching between the eggs' two tips - starts off by being horizontal.
- Furthermore, with the spine as the line of symmetry, ‘right’ and ‘left’ sides are proportionally equal, but inverses of one another.
- Each molecule has on average six neighbors, generating a six-fold hexagonal symmetry.
- The axis of symmetry is indicated by a red broken line, along which pharyngeal slits are positioned.
- 6.3 m high shells will be built out of lightweight blocks up to third floor level and juxtaposed with each other in rotational symmetry.
- Consider those examples of Georgian architecture where a door doesn't even open, built there simply because a functioning door lies across the axis of symmetry.
- In principle, it is possible that the hexagonal symmetry of the inner structure is a result of superposition of stacks of membranes oriented at different angles.
- Certain corals, for example, build structures with hexagonal symmetry, but not in seafloor sediment.
- Just as geometrical figures can exhibit symmetries, so can whole dynamical systems.
- In snowflakes there is always this hexagonal, six-fold symmetry; that's because of the properties of water molecules.
- There is a greater density beneath the lunar nearside, displacing its center of mass away from its axis of symmetry, and the pull of the Earth keeps that greater mass directed towards us.
- New taxa include branching forms up to 1 cm in diameter that display hexagonal symmetry.
- He examined the three dimensional figures obtained by rotating a regular polygon about an axis of symmetry.
- Zygomorphic flowers are monosymmetric having a single line of symmetry.
- Some of our rectangles had radial symmetry, while others achieved asymmetrical balance.
- Because of this and rotational symmetry, all the red segments in Fig 8 have the same length.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.