In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1simpatizante masculinopartidario masculinopartidaria femenino
- And when they are written by supporters or sympathisers of a person who has been active in politics they smack of propaganda.
- Funds were collected from the masses, sympathisers and well-wishers.
- You need a network of supporters and sympathisers prepared to hide and give succour, financial and otherwise for the cause.
- Charles's assurances that he had letters of support from sympathisers in England are themselves evidence of anxiety.
- He was a Communist - not a sympathizer or fellow traveler, but a card-carrying meeting-attender.
- Simply put, just about every Colombian has done something that might result in him or herself being labeled a collaborator or sympathizer by one of Colombia's armed groups.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.