In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- We carried out a secondary analysis of the treatment of behavioural and physical symptoms.
- The characteristic symptom of scarlet fever is a fine rash on the body that feels like sandpaper to touch.
- They are often found in patients who have no symptoms of gallbladder disease.
- This may be the first symptom of sickle cell disease in babies, who also may develop a fever.
- Patients whose main symptoms are aching or oedema may benefit from compression hosiery.
- Patients should be advised that this is a real condition and that their symptoms are not imaginary.
- Thus the test does not seem to be helpful when assessing patients with urological symptoms.
- Keep in mind that not every physical sensation is a symptom of a terminal illness.
- Fortunately, there is a range of products available to treat the symptoms of hay fever.
- These consultations should not be contingent on the patient developing new symptoms.
- The infection may be passed on without causing meningitis or any symptoms of the disease.
- When a patient describes all these symptoms the diagnosis should be straightforward.
- The businessman was in stable condition with no fever, one of the major symptoms of the disease.
- One day, he was consulted by a young woman with the symptoms of heart disease.
- Patients may have had symptoms from a few days to several weeks before presentation.
- Acupuncture is mainly used for treating conditions in which symptoms are the main problem.
- How can one pick out the symptoms of mental illness in patients who seem otherwise normal?
- The initial symptoms of acute mountain sickness are warning signs to be heeded carefully.
- The symptoms of valve disease depend on which valve is affected, and how severely.
- We were astonished by the severity of heartburn and other symptoms in our patients.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.