In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Are processes of identification necessarily synchronous with the temporal structures of classical narrative, and to what extent is closure effective?
- The lowering of montane vegetation belts in New Guinea during the last ice age was broadly synchronous with that of South America and Africa.
- Due to the complexity and timing issues, typically no more than two storage nodes are involved simultaneously in synchronous data replication.
- Since most Italian films of this period were shot without synchronous sound, both dialogue tracks could be considered dubs.
- These relations, it seems, must be synchronous with one and other in the sense that there can be no relation which occurs in spacetime which isn't tied up or entangled with any other relation.
- In many species there is considerable overlap between the fertile periods of females due to more or less synchronous breeding.
- Breeding in Tree Swallows is highly synchronous.
- Collage offers a technique for heterogenous images to appear simultaneously synchronous and radically differentiated.
- This reduction was synchronous with a reduction in tiller production.
- As it happens, human ideologies will sometimes be synchronous with the Faith.
- However, the ability to multitask while texting is another huge advantage over the synchronous voice call.
- However, in synchronous interaction every student in the class participates simultaneously.
- The paramedic then resumed chest compression at a rate of 100 per minute synchronous with ventilation.
- Humans apparently need both the colors and the intensity of sunlight to stay synchronous with their own body rhythm.
- Peaks in recruitment are roughly synchronous with similar peaks in aspen and white birch, suggesting that they may be associated with similar causes.
- The average hatch time of the first release was thus approximately synchronous with that of natural egg masses, and the variance in hatch date was large.
- The timing of the first and second switches is arranged to prevent simultaneous conduction of the synchronous rectifiers.
- I can't remember having ever seen her, and yet it seems almost impossible that we haven't crossed paths before in our synchronous daily routines.
- Telephone networks are optimized for synchronous and one-to-one communications.
- More important, what is under way is the first synchronous global recession in a generation.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.