In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Medicinajeringa femeninojeringuilla femenino
- California, meanwhile, is one just five states to ban the sale of syringes without a prescription.
- An empty syringe lay at her feet where Brian had dropped it when Tom attacked him.
- The coach sent a used syringe containing some of the substance which was claimed to be the steroid.
- Introduce a syringe with no needle and perform the usual steps that accompany the process.
- Hooligans high on drugs also kicked down the doors of external store rooms, where used hypodermic syringes were found.
- You can buy a medication syringe at your pharmacy.
- The project was conducted in an environment that permitted the possession of syringes without a prescription.
- In nearby shadows sat two boys surrounded by discarded syringes.
- Then the doctor approached with an enormous glass syringe in one hand.
- This is performed under general or spinal anaesthetic and some marrow is removed from your own or a donor's hip bone using a syringe and needle.
- Injections were given using glass syringes with reusable steel needles.
- A blood sample may be taken either by using a needle and a syringe, or by using a finger prick.
- Charles rushes to his daughter's bedroom and expertly jabs her with the insulin syringe.
- She pulls out a hypodermic syringe with a light brown liquid in it.
- In a flash, Vincent had produced a syringe from an inside pocket of his coat.
- Officers found a used syringe concealed in another man's sock.
- If you require multiple dose syringes, several brands of disposable sterile automatic vaccine syringes are available.
- Some countries may be suspicious of syringes and needles carried by a traveler.
- If your child is under 6 months old, you may need to clear his or her nose with a bulb syringe.
3Britanico(in gardening)pulverizador masculino
1Medicina(sinuses/ear) hacer un lavado de
- I must have misheard - I'll have to have the ears syringed again!
- The hum's absence is maybe even more powerful than its presence - things sound different, brighter, more vivid, not unlike after your ears have been syringed.
- Last time I was in that building with a cold I was threatened with having my nostrils syringed so I'd sound fine on air.
- Coincidentally enough, I had mine syringed a couple of weeks ago.
- The snooty receptionist says, ‘I'm sorry, but there's absolutely no way we can arrange an ear syringing today.’
- If you have bad ear wax, have it syringed only after you've put warmed olive oil in your ears at night for a week.
- Impacted cerumen (ear wax) causes problems for some 2.3 million people in the UK, leading to about four million ears being syringed each year.
- My second patient had wax in his ears so I went to the basin to get some warm water to syringe them only to find that there was one tap.
- The most common clinical practice is ear syringing, which is limited by patient tolerance and complications.
- Oh, I don't know, maybe I just need to get my ears syringed.
- The best thing to do is get to the doctor who may remove the wax by syringing, or suggest special wax-softening ear drops.
- Only today, the practice nurse at my local GPs could not make me a convenient appointment to get my ears syringed, so she suggested I use the walk-in centre.
- If the trouble doesn't clear up in another four days I shall have to go and get the ear syringed, I know that.
- If you're up to it, you can have your ears syringed with water to flush them out.
- I've experienced waxing-up problems in my ears for many, many years and find it necessary to have them syringed and cleaned at regular intervals.
- He and his colleagues studied the effect of ear syringing on hearing.
- Reduced mowing frequency, light frequent syringing, and bi-weekly applications of starter fertilizer will all enhance seed establishment.
- It has held up well in the heat and we have not had to send guys around syringing.
- Watering is still limited to the hours of 5 p.m. and 10 a.m., but hand watering and syringing is allowed during the day.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.