In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Medicinajeringa femeninojeringuilla femenino
- She pulls out a hypodermic syringe with a light brown liquid in it.
- You can buy a medication syringe at your pharmacy.
- If your child is under 6 months old, you may need to clear his or her nose with a bulb syringe.
- In nearby shadows sat two boys surrounded by discarded syringes.
- If you require multiple dose syringes, several brands of disposable sterile automatic vaccine syringes are available.
- Injections were given using glass syringes with reusable steel needles.
- Some countries may be suspicious of syringes and needles carried by a traveler.
- The coach sent a used syringe containing some of the substance which was claimed to be the steroid.
- Charles rushes to his daughter's bedroom and expertly jabs her with the insulin syringe.
- Hooligans high on drugs also kicked down the doors of external store rooms, where used hypodermic syringes were found.
- A blood sample may be taken either by using a needle and a syringe, or by using a finger prick.
- Officers found a used syringe concealed in another man's sock.
- Then the doctor approached with an enormous glass syringe in one hand.
- Introduce a syringe with no needle and perform the usual steps that accompany the process.
- The project was conducted in an environment that permitted the possession of syringes without a prescription.
- California, meanwhile, is one just five states to ban the sale of syringes without a prescription.
- In a flash, Vincent had produced a syringe from an inside pocket of his coat.
- An empty syringe lay at her feet where Brian had dropped it when Tom attacked him.
- This is performed under general or spinal anaesthetic and some marrow is removed from your own or a donor's hip bone using a syringe and needle.
3Britanico(in gardening)pulverizador masculino
1Medicina(ear/sinuses) hacer un lavado de
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.