In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Now, also in that copy of Little Red Rooster were all these blues solos written out in tablature.
- They didn't worry about going on the Internet and reading a whole bunch of D grade tablature to learn music.
- ‘I told you tablature and lyrics were keepers already’ I told him as I marked the paired songs and lyrics down in a notebook for us to recheck.
- The Official Guitar Styles of Mark Knopfler is a complete ‘off-the-record’ guitar transcription of all his biggest hits in tablature and standard notation, complete with lyrics and chord symbols.
- That's why they tried to shut down several other sites providing lyrics, tablature and chord charts.
- Music for the lute was written in tablature, indicating which strings were to be stopped on which frets, with the rhythm noted above.
- When I was eight or nine, he set me up with his small, nylon-strung guitar, and showed me the chords and how to read tablature.
- She had just discovered a sheet of tablature between her revered copies of Good Housekeeping magazine, which he had scribbled out in his uneven handwriting and told me I'd be able to play with my eyes closed.
- My progress was slow, as my teacher didn't bother teaching me how to read tablature - he wanted me to be able to read and write music.
- The Turin tablatures contain a similar range of music notated in new German keyboard tablature rather than staff notation, including transcriptions of motets and madrigals as well as idiomatic keyboard music.
- Learning to write tablature, the method dulcimer musicians use to write out their tunes, is easy.
- The notation looks just like contemporary guitar tablature, but my musical knowledge stops around there.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.