In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tablero de una mesa(photocopier/computer) (before noun) de mesa(computer/photocopier) (before noun) de sobremesa
- I'd do really well on a home-baking course, for example, or learning how to make a tabletop fountain.
- Military vehicles, tabletop demonstration games, exhibits and stalls will pack the museum in Elvington, just outside York.
- Diceland is a tabletop combat game that contains elements of miniatures games, dice games, and dexterity games.
- The all-in-one lampshades come with a tabletop touch lamp with a telephone and a clock with alarm facility.
- Many of these are best sampled in a group, where everyone can dig their chopsticks into a tabletop pot.
- The doctor motioned Jim to follow him down the hallway and into a small office, placing an x-ray on a tabletop viewer.
- The dawn simulator consists of either a lamp or a small computerized device attached to a light source such as a tabletop lamp.
- If you're a parent, you may be most familiar with tabletop humidifiers.
- She'd sit in front of this tabletop device and breathe slowly for 20 minutes.
- Those same tabletop lights can be easily moved from one side of your worktable to another to keep the light where you need it most.
- Concept designs and builds a variety of labeling products, from tabletop machines to fully integrated systems.
- The tabletop sculptures evoke a sense of monumentality, while the scale of the larger pieces reads literally.
- It took three waiters in concert to produce this masterpiece in a shining copper pan on a tabletop stove.
- My challenge was to create a classically styled tabletop display that allowed the contents to be updated and viewed from all sides.
- The amazing thing about polymer clay sculpture is that they can be so small you need a magnifying glass to view the detail to a large tabletop piece.
- The result is a tabletop setup with all the components of a classic lens bench.
- So they have room for a larger tabletop stove, of which there are many on the market.
- It is also the first tabletop system that combines both melting and casting processes.
- Now I know that a small tabletop tripod would do all this, but who has a small tabletop tripod in their back pocket?
- We asked him for advice on decorating with tabletop accessories, using ceramic vases from his own line.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.